Skip to main content

News

• ElkArte - Just Installed!

Topic: Jonjoe Kenny praises Everton boss Marco Silva's tactics (Read 149 times) previous topic - next topic

Jonjoe Kenny praises Everton boss Marco Silva's tactics
Jonjoe Kenny praises Everton boss Marco Silva's tactics

thai sbo Everton defender Jonjoe Kenny has played recently, with Seamus Coleman out injured. Jonjoe Kenny may just have suggested that he finally feels he can thrive at Everton under Marco Silva on his side's official website. Kenny has come into Everton's team in recent weeks, and the youngster has not looked out of place.

The England youth international has shown a great deal of energy down the right-hand side, and proved a threat going forward. And Kenny feels that the freedom that Silva gives Everton's team allows him to thrive. He said: "I am high up the pitch now and it is not just about putting the ball anywhere, you want to be picking out players.

"That is the level you have to reach. I want to be getting more assists. thai sbo Leighton Baines has got tons and tons of assists because he is picking people out and putting in great balls. "People might mistake me for just a defensive right-back but with our style of play, now, I can get forward and show people how good I am. "I want to be bombing forward and putting in crosses. You have to keep the back door shut but if I have the chance to go forward I will."

Kenny did have chances at Everton last season, but Sam Allardyce rather kept the Toffees full-backs on a leash. Allardyce's defensive minded approach was criticised from large sections of Everton's crowd, and Kenny seems to have suggested that it didn't get the best out of him. Everton have made a rather inconsistent start to the season, thai sbo but have shown signs of promise under Silva so far. The Merseyside outfit return to action after the international break with a match against Crystal Palace.